BOT Design Action Item
- Change e-Builder status to “Consultant Selection.”
- Complete and send Exposure Checklist form to Risk Management.
- Verify consultant's COVID protocol information.
- If design fee will not exceed $300,000 and no specialized skills are needed, select from consultant roster and go to Consultant Contracting.
- If fee exceeds $300,000, prepare Board of Trustees (BOT) action item to award design.
- If design fee exceeds $300,000 or highly specialized skills are needed, begin Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process.
- Update e-Builder to add consultants.
- Process consultant invoices as they are received.
BOT Action Item
If fee exceeds $300,000, develop Board of Trustees (BOT) action item to award design, including:
- Purpose of submittal: brief description of award seeking approval
- Proposed motions: formal motion to approve contract
- Supporting information: project details, including
- Delivery method and Revised Code of Washington (RCW) numbers under which the approach is allowed
- Breakdown and history of multiple bid packages within a project
- Budget controls
- Percentage of completion for documents on which bid was based, e.g., 90% CD
- Breakdown of costs and total for bid package
- Goals for participation by Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MBWE) and plan for achieving those goals
Provide written action item to Associate and Assistant Directors for review a minimum of 3 weeks before scheduled BOT meeting.