- Determine delivery method.
- Develop RFQ schedule.
- Complete and send Exposure Checklist form to Risk Management.
- Develop selection committee, packet and advertisement.
- Receive submittals, evaluate and score.
- Interview and score finalists.
- Update eBuilder status of Design firm for external consultant.
- Proceed to Consultant Contracting.
Committee, Packet & Ad
Choose members of the selection committee:
- Confirm availability to support the process.
- Develop scoring criteria.
- For Design Build projects, include:
- Internal and external members
- Process and legal consultants
Prepare RFQ packet, including:
- Project budget
- Qualification scoring criteria
- Insurance requirements
- For GC/CM projects, also develop packet for Request for Final Proposals (RFFP).
- For Design Build projects include:
- Client Program documents
- DBIA documents: Agreement and General Conditions
Provide RFQ packet to communications coordinator for posting to CPD website.
Write RFQ advertisement.
- Send to Assistant Director for approval.
- Send approved ad to Associate Director at least 72 hours before needed publication date.
- Ad will run in the Bellingham Herald and Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC).