If a Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) is made:
- Send completed DNS form to CPD Director.
- Director signs form.
- To determine date for the letter, decide when the form should be advertised and add 15 days to the ad date.
- Send signed form to Associate Director for advertising.
A Mitigated Determination of Nonsignificance (MDNS) may be issued if there are significant environmental impacts requiring mitigation not already addressed by existing codes. Any mitigating conditions become conditions of project approval through substantive authority.
A Determination of Significance (DS) will be issued if it is found that a proposal will have probable significant adverse environmental impacts that cannot be mitigated. Issuance of a DS requires an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to be prepared.
Send DNS/MDNS/DS with Director's signature to Associate Director for public advertisement.
Several days before the ad is scheduled to start, send to list of agencies a copy of the following:
- SEPA checklist
- Letter with desired action
- Mailing list of agencies
- Assessment of Compliance with WWU’s EIS
If there are no public comments, file in project file and save for permitting.
If comments are made, review and determine required action.