Campus Space Modeling
The 2019-2020 Space Modeling & Capital Plan Development Working Group is charged with developing reports on space needs to meet the Western Strategic Plan’s goals. The gap between current and needed resources exists on two levels:
- The operational gap, or the difference above current space levels required to adequately support existing services into the future.
- The aspirational gap, or the additional space required to advance the institution’s aspirations and priorities set forth in the Strategic Plan.
The group consists of three task forces, each focused on its own area of expertise, in addition to a Steering Committee:
- Academic Space Modeling Task Force
- Administrative Support and Infrastructure Space Modeling Task Force
- Enrollment and Student Services Space Modeling Task Force
Consultants and a Project Management Team are providing support for data gathering and analysis.
The following report is a draft of initial findings on Western Washington University’s current Space Modeling and Capital Development Plan, offered for comments from the University community.