Campus Logistics Operations
Campus Logistics Operations transports goods and furnishings on Western's campus and among its satellite locations. We also facilitate the moving of offices and labs from and within buildings. We strive to provide services that are timely and carried out with care, efficiency, pride and with the least amount of inconvenience to you.
To prepare for your move and ease the transition, use our handy Moving Checklist.
2 Weeks Prior to Moving
- Establish a Move Coordinator to coordinate with the departments involved (e.g., Telecommunications, Facilities, ATUS, and Campus Logistics)
- Have them fill out a Transport Services Request form.
- Request packing materials, boxes, tape, etc., from Campus Logistics Operations at 360-650-3546.
- Please note, you can request additional packing items throughout the moving process.
- Link: Moving Labels Template
- Pack all books, files, and folders which won’t be required prior to moving.
- Completely empty lateral filing cabinets.
- Letter and legal-size filing cabinets must have top 2 drawers empty.
- Color tag all boxes and furniture with names and new room numbers.
- Using different colors for each new location makes moving easier.
- Create a scale drawing layout of your new office with desk positions and locations of filing cabinets and other furniture.
- This helps us set up your new office with minimal re-arranging after transport.
- Sequentially number all furniture which comes in multiple pieces/parts, e.g., disassembled desks.
- Advise customer service at Facilities Development & Operations (360-650-3420) of any fixtures, furniture, pictures, etc. which will require disassembly on the day before moving.
1 Week Prior to Moving
- Pack all personal and desktop items and empty drawers of unnecessary items.
- Pack up all common facilities, e.g., break rooms, meeting rooms, etc., if necessary.
1 Day Prior to Moving
- Pack all personal and fragile items, plants and such, and transport them to your new location.
- Ensure Facilities Development & Operations has disassembled all fixtures and furniture for transport.
Day of Move
- Tape a copy of your scale drawing layout to the door or entrance wall of the new location.
- Unpack your boxes as they arrive at your new location.
- Flatten all empty boxes and set to the side for Campus Logistics Operations to pick up at a later time, after you are fully moved.